Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Grain-Free Pizza Crust

Cooked Pizza Crust

I started the Primal challenge the first of Jan and was craving pizza...so I searched the Internet for a good recipe I could enjoy & eat. I came across this recipe http://www.lifeasaplate.com/2010/08/30/grain-gluten-free-primal-pizza-crust/. Which looked amazing.... I tweaked it a bit because I didn't have sour cream & also sour cream has corn starch which I cant have on the challenge. Any who I just substituted it for cream cheese & added water to balance the thickness of it & also used olive oil to help spread out the dough with my fingers(very sticky).


What you need:
 •3 c. almond flour (blanched)
 •6 oz of cream cheese
 • 2/3 c. cold water
 •1/2 c. grated Parmesan
 •pinch salt
 •1 egg
 •1/2 tsp baking soda
 •pizza spices (parsley, basil, oregano, garlic, & onion powder)
 • olive oil
What you do:
 • Preheat oven to 350.
 •Mix dry ingredients in med. size bowl. Don't be shy with the spices, almond flour has a very   powerful almond taste.
 •Blend egg with the cream cheese & water in food processor and add in the the dry mixture.
 • Blend together well.
 •Mixture will be batter-like and not dough-like, so you must SPREAD this with a spatula onto parchment paper, about 1/4-in thick. Use parchment paper!
 • I found spreading the dough with my palms and fingertips really helped. I put olive oil on my hands to help the dough from sticking to my hands.
 • Once spread add additional spices if you like (i did :)...).

Bake for 30 mins or until golden brown. Once the crust is browned add toppings and put back in oven until toppings are hot & cheese is melted. I sauteed my veggies & sausage then added to my crust just so I made sure the crust wouldn't burn on me.
tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment