Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sweet Potato Chips

 

    Just joined Pinterest recently and came across a new favorite website. Paleoonabudget.com ! There I found a recipe of sweet potato chips. Here is the direct link. http://paleoonabudget.com/2011/02/19/chips/  . I have also pasted their instructions here as well. Their picture looks more enticing lol. I think they used yams.They also have a recipe for mayo too.
     I noticed for my chips to be crunchy they have to be almost dark brown. Picture above is them still a little chewy.Still a work in progress for me, my oven is unpredictable!

"Ingredients:
- Sweet Potato {If you buy more than one make sure that they’re all roughly the same width it makes for even cooking}
- Salt, Pepper
-Olive Oil
-Seasoning { I use whatever mix I have floating around Italian Seasoning or Pizza Seasoning are my favorite}
Directions:
•I use a mandolin to cut my potatoes into thin disks, if you want do it by hand feel free, I just can’t get them that thin on my own {Just be careful! Both are sharp and you can cut yourself}.
•On my baking sheet, I place however many chips can fit in a single layer, drizzle with Olive Oil.
•Then sprinkle salt, pepper, seasoning. Get your hands in there and mix it all up so all sides are coated with oil and seasoning.
•Put them back in a single layer.
•Bake at 350 for about 9-12 minutes (my oven cooks at the speed of light for some odd reason, so I set my timer for 9 minutes, and then keep checking them)
•When they’re done, transfer to a plate, add extra salt if you want and do the next batch (if needed) I end up doing about 4 batches for 2 sweet potatoes
If you let them cool down, they get crunchy like a real chip and then they’re addictive and you can’t stop eating them."

No comments:

Post a Comment