Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dad's Recipe for Awesome Guacamole!



I've been watching my dad for years make us an awesome Mexican feast. His best dish  is his guacamole! Here is his recipe to the best of my knowledge. Came out great!

Ingredients:
4 ripe avocados, pitted & mashed
1/2 of a red onion, minced
1 lime, juice only
1/2 of a jalapeño, minced (no seeds! unless you want your mouth on fire :(  )
1/2 cup of lettuce, minced(secret weapon for awesome crunch!)
1 tomato,chopped
Handful of cilantro, minced
a bit of salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste

Just throw everything into a medium sized bowl, mix & enjoy! I LOVE the lettuce in the guac! Its a nice surprise. My dad worked at a Mexican restaurant and he said they used lettuce for a filler to make more for their buck. Awesome idea! You can add more or less of whatever to make your own special taste.

2 comments:

  1. This is a good recipe and it sounds really easy, going to have to try it! Tell your Dad thanks! Oh, and thanks for sharing it. Love following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super easy and delicious! I will, thanks! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures of Europe! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete