Thursday, April 19, 2012

Guilt Free Onion Rings!

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I love onion rings! I was craving some last night and came across some recipes online and decided to improvise since I didn't feel like making almond flour/meal and CJ just bought tapioca flour. Tastes amazing on its own with a sprinkle of sea salt.

Ingredients:

1 large yellow onion, chopped into rings
1 egg, cracked and whisked
1/2 cup of coconut flakes or flour
1/3 cup of tapioca flour
1 tsp of each:
     chili powder, paprika, & chili flakes
Coconut oil for frying

You will need two small bowls and a tray. In one bowl mix all dry ingredients together & other bowl whisk egg. Dip onion ring into egg mix and then into flour mixture. Put on tray. Repeat until all onion rings are coated! Melt coconut oil in a small frying pan until you have about an inch of hot oil.  Then start frying! I didn't want to use so much oil so instead of them being submerged I just flipped them over once one side was golden brown. I suggest coconut oil because it is stable in high heat unlike olive oil. Fry until golden brown and cool on paper towels. Sprinkle some sea salt and tada! DONE! It is sort of time consuming if you are doing it by yourself so I suggest getting a partner. Just make sure they aren't eating them all! Te he ;). ENJOY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment