Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Guaranteed Crispy Sweet Potato Fries!

New addiction!


    I dont know about you guys but I for one am SICK of soggy sweet potato fries that never get crunchy! Just soggy or burnt to a crisp. Well one night being obsessed with Pinterest as the vast majority I came across this photo...

need I say more?

*To make it GRAIN-FREE 
 I just substituted the CORN STARCH with TAPIOCA STARCH !!*

This recipe works! I have probably made five or six batches in a week. My newest addiction. Here is the link for the amazing recipe!
 http://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/guaranteed-crispy-sweet-potato-fries-sriracha-mayo-dip/ 

 I added sea salt, pepper & chili powder to the tapioca flour/starch mix before I coated the sweet potatoes. Also I just rinsed my fries in water before I dipped them in the tapioca mix so the flour/starch will stick. YOU WANT TO PUT ALL YOUR FRIES IN THE PLASTIC BAG AT THE SAME TIME OR ELSE YOUR FIRST HANDFUL WILL TAKE ALL THE STARCH MIX. 
Lesson learned. 
I found dabbing on olive oil with a brush more efficient then pouring the olive oil over the fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment