Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bay Shrimp Scampi

Hello, this is CJ making a guest post. Esther says that I have some great cooking ideas and I think I should suggest some ideas for people trying to make a healthy transition. Seafood is probably the best kind of food to eat and I'm not a big fan of it myself, but it is just too healthy to pass up. This following recipes I find very good and tasty and it takes away some of the "fishy" kind of taste. Bay Shrimp is the best of all the seafood in terms of protein and I have a couple of good recipes. This is the Bay Shrimp Scampi.


Ingredients:

-1/2 - 3/4 Cup of Bay Shrimp
-1/2 of a Leek (a Leek?!)
-Head of Broccoli
-1 tsp of Onion and Garlic Powder each
-Dash of Salt and Pepper to taste

This feeds about 2 people. Chop the Broccoli not too finely but just enough. Cut the Leek as you would cut a green onion. If you want more Leek, cut more. Saute the shrimp first for about 2 minutes cooked with a little bit of olive oil or coconut oil (doesn't matter if its regular or extra virgin). Then add the vegetables and the spices. Cook for about another 3 to 4 minutes. Very simple and very satisfying. Surprisingly not very fishy tasting either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment